The Granary District

Creating walkable, urban, human-centered neighborhoods in the Granary District.

General Discussions (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

middle housing

I think the Granary is the perfect spot for "middle housing", which refers to the type of housing which is between suburban single family a…

Started by Jon Larsen

4 May 25, 2012
Reply by Jon Larsen

example of public market that just opened in Charlotte

Here's a great blog post about a public market that just opened in Charlotte. One of the anchors is an artisan pizza place that uses local…

Started by Jon Larsen

1 May 23, 2012
Reply by James Alfandre

Residential - SFD

I feel the opportunity is for the District to create zoning which allows for very small SFD lots within the center of the blocks...for exam…

Started by Brent Hall

1 Apr 28, 2012
Reply by James Alfandre

Pickle Factory Marketplace

So we have been contemplating whether or not to have the “Pickle Factory Marketplace” this year. Some of you know that we held it twice l…

Started by Lou Barrett

3 Apr 6, 2012
Reply by Julie Henry

What 'I' Want Out of the Granary District - an invitation to property owners.

There's been a lot of talk about what the Granary District needs. I was reading through the Property Owner group thread and noticed some in…

Started by Ryan Chatterton

2 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by James Alfandre

Future Neighborhood Events: Beets and BBQ

Rachel McKeen has the wonderful idea to have a neighborhood 'Beet Off' where neighbors make or bring their favorite beet recipe and we have…

Started by James Alfandre

31 Oct 10, 2011
Reply by James Alfandre

Combating Urban Sprawl

I think we've all felt it, at least those of us that love the livelier sections of the city, that soul-sucking feeling of the suburbs.   I…

Started by Ryan Chatterton

3 Aug 9, 2011
Reply by James Alfandre

What should be the next steps after the Block Party?!

To keep the great momentum going from the Block Party, what should the next steps to implementing the neighborhoods we want to see The Gran…

26 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Ryan Chatterton

Invitation for the Block Party Event

Not sure which committee is working on this, but do we have enough information to create an Event for the Block Party itself -- or at least…

Started by Janet Frasier

0 Apr 4, 2011

Brainstorming thread for the Block Party

Reply to this thread for general ideas for the Block Party. If certain ideas and threads become popular, those ones will become their own d…

14 Mar 11, 2011
Reply by James Alfandre

RSS

© 2017   Created by James Alfandre.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service